Flooding Update For City of Logan
Logan City Council urges residents and businesses owners to exercise caution over
the weekend as moderate flooding is expected to impact some suburbs.
The Bureau of Meteorology says rainfall totals of up to 90mm have been recorded
over the last 24 hours in the Logan and Albert river catchments.
Minor to moderate flooding is expected tonight and into Saturday along all reaches of
the Albert River and on the Logan River downstream of Yarrahappini and Maclean Bridge.
City of Logan Mayor Darren Power urged people to stay away from any flooded
waterways and drains.
“Anyone who enters a flooded road, creek or drain not only endangers their own life
but they also risk the lives of those who may have to go in and rescue them,”
Councillor Power said.
Flooded roads in City of Logan today (as of 10.30am Friday) include:
• Bahrs Scrub: Bahrs Scrub Rd
• Carbrook: Stern Rd, Erwin Rd
• Cedar Grove: Cedars Pocket Rd
• Chambers Flat: Chambers Flat Rd
• Crestmead: Green Rd
• Daisy Hill: Shailer Rd
• Eagleby: Schmidt Rd, River Hills Rd (road surface damage)
• Greenbank: Goodna Rd, Backwater Rd, Koolena Rd, Stoney Camp Rd, Ison Rd
• Holmview: Holmview Rd
• Jimboomba: Wyatt Rd, Millstream R, Wyatt Rd
• Logan Reserve: Schimdts Rd
• Logan Village: Steele Rd
• Marsden: Second Ave, Fourth Ave, Demeio Rd, Tamarind St
• Mundoolun: Mundoolun Rd, Clutha Creek Rd
• Munruben: Greenhill Rd, Morris Creek Rd
• Park Ridge South: Granger Rd
• Priestdale: Ford Rd
• Slacks Creek: Lovell St, Murrays Rd
• Waterford: Dairy Creek Rd, Pimpama St, Schneider Rd
An updated list of roads closed is available on Council’s Disaster Dashboard at
Remember – If It’s Flooded, Forget It!
For flood emergency assistance, Council urges residents and business owners to
contact the SES on 132 500. For life-threatening emergencies, call Triple Zero (000).
Council recommends avoiding contact with floodwaters for up to five days after heavy
rainfall due to potential risks from bacteria carried into waterways from runoff.
To report potholes and other damage please call Council’s Customer Service on