Police are seeking public assistance to help locate several vehicles that have been reported stolen and sighted across the Logan District in past days.
|Registration||Colour||Vehicle type||Stolen from|
|519ZPG||Grey||2017 Toyota Hilux utility||Park Ridge|
|94IZZ||White||2014 Suzuki S-Cross hatchback||Holmview|
|735XYF||Red||2009 Mini Cooper hatchback||Tamborine Mountain|
|499SYO||Bronze||2012 Hyundai Elantra sedan||Meadowbrook|
|477XLX||Brown||2017 Toyota Kluger wagon||Park Ridge|
Located or sighted stolen vehicles should not be intercepted.
Most car thefts are opportunistic.
There are several things you can do to reduce the risk of having your car stolen, such as:
- Don’t gift your keys to thieves – always keep your keys out of sight and never leave them lying around.
- Always lock your vehicle, even when you are at home.
- When parking in your garage, ensure both the garage and vehicle are locked.
- Park your vehicle in a well-lit, highly visible area.
- Consider installing a car alarm to help protect your vehicle.
- Never hide spare keys in your vehicle.
- Always take your vehicle keys with you whenever you are going out, even if you are leaving your vehicle at home.
- Always lock your screens, doors and garages even when you are home. Sneak offences occur when people are home and vehicles can be stolen without your knowledge.
By adhering to the above, you can help to significantly reduce the risk of having your vehicle stolen. Additional crime prevention fact sheets can be found here.