Welcome To The Edition For October 2022
Hello again readers of the Yarrabilba and Logan Village Bulletin, as I write this we are nearly at the end of the first month of Spring and the weather is warming up thank goodness, I have never been so cold for so long, even though it was not a particularly cold winter temperature wise, must be my old bones!!!
Us Lions have emerged from our Dens for spring and are roaring to go and do lots of fundraising events within the community …
CLUB EVENTS IN PREVIOUS MONTH:
29 August – 7 September – Variety Bush Bash Car 1104 – please see upcoming article.
Saturday 3 September – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village – good day, plenty of donations.
Saturday 10 September – Sausage Sizzle at Coles Yarrabilba – very good day’s work by Lions.
Sunday 11 September – “Weigh to Tow” event – bit disappointing lots of last minute cancellations, but we will run another as it is a worthwhile cause.
Saturday 17 September – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village – bit quieter than normal, School holidays etc., but we sold lots of snags.
Saturday 24 September – Sausage Sizzle Coles at Yarrabilba
– good day very steady, nice and warm sold lots of Raffle tickets.
LIONS CLUB NEWS
• Saturday 24th September – Lions Memorial Gardens project at the den, gardens planted out it looks very good after a lot of frustration with weather and other problems, a big thank you to Lion Euan for getting the project completed and a big thank you to all who helped out over the project and on Saturday with the planting.
• Lions Charity Golf Day – Sunday 20th November – Lion Tim advises going along nicely, we have lots of teams booked in and some good sponsorships, but there is still room for some more teams and we will welcome all sponsorships or other assistance. Please contact Lion Tim on mobile 0478 762 721 for any information.
• Loganlea State School “Mini Farm Project” the Club has made a donation of $1000 to the project for the construction of more garden beds to grow vegetables and other produce that is then donated to needy people within the local community, the project has been going for a long time but is looking to expand, given the ever increasing need within the local community.
The project leader will be giving a talk at our next club dinner meeting and I will report further on this very worthwhile project.
• Lismore Lions 75th Anniversary Lismore was the first Lions club established in Australia and it is celebrating its 75th Anniversary in September, the club has donated $500 to Lismore Lions to assist them in celebrating the anniversary, other clubs have also assisted as given the floods Lismore has had they were not able to fundraise as much as they would normally do.
I will report more on the event in the next issue.
• On Saturday 1st October we will be holding our Lions Biggest BBQ fundraiser event at Bunnings Bethania followed by similar events at Woollies Logan Village and Coles at Yarrabilba please come along and purchase a Sausage Sizzle to help us raise funds for this Lions Australia project.
• On Wednesday 26th October – we will be doing a Sausage Sizzle for the Logan City Councils “Seniors Activity Month” this is to be held at Tygum Park in Waterford West and on Thursday 27th in conjunction with the LCC and the Logan Village Community Centre we will host the LCC Activating Seniors Morning Tea at our Community Hall in the village, this is a worthwhile project designed to assist seniors to keep active and participating in the Community.
• Lions Christmas Cakes 2022 – thank goodness this year we are not suffering the problems we had last year, we will have our cakes at our outlets in the first couple of weeks in October, if you have problems finding an outlet please contact me direct, the price has gone up $2 per cake, but like everyone else our costs have risen, the cakes are still good value and will last, so look out for them.
Well dear readers that is it for this edition, with the September school holidays coming up please be extra careful on the roads, keep safe and well, those Covid and other bugs are still around and waiting to pounce on us (one bit me last week and I have been crook since) so be aware.
Please keep up those thoughts and prayers for the Lions and people of the Ukraine who are still suffering needlessly from Putin’s Russian invasion.
Yours in Lions
Lion Trevor Nunn (Media Liaison Officer) 0421 908 369
Lions Club of Logan Village Inc.
CLUB CALENDAR FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER
• Saturday 8 October – Sausage Sizzle – Coles Yarrabilba
• Saturday 22 October – Sausage Sizzle – Woollies Logan Village
• Saturday 22 October – Sausage Sizzle – Coles Yarrabilba
• Saturday 22 October – 50 Shades Of Pink Gala Ball – Yarrabilba
• Saturday 5 November – Sausage Sizzle – Coles Yarrabilba
• Sunday 20 November – Charity Golf Day
• Saturday 26 November – Sausage Sizzle – Coles Yarrabilba