Hello readers of the Yarrabilba and Logan Village Bulletin, it will be spring when you read this and hopefully, we will have some nice warm weather, I have found this winter colder than normal, probably my bones are getting older and likening the cold less and less.
We hope you enjoyed the article on our Club Changeover Dinner, lots of smiling Lions and guests who all had a great night. Let’s hope the Lions year 2022/23 will be a better year than the previous two and we will be able to achieve our goals, one of them being to be more involved in grass roots local community projects, with less Covid restrictions now applying we hope to be able to achieve more.
A big congratulation to all the Lions who received awards for their outstanding achievements and to all who participated in events and projects over the past year, well done one and all.
A big thank you to Kerri for all the photos from the night and for all your help in the past year.
Club Events In Previous Month
- Saturday 6th August – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village – good day, lots of donations again.
- Saturday 6th August – “Karma Keg” fund raiser for the Variety Bush Bash, held at the Bourbon St venue in Southbank, good turnout lots of fun had with raffles etc., raised good funds for Variety Bash.
- Saturday 13th August – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village, on a wet and miserable day a hot sausage was well appreciated by shoppers, lots of donations again.
- Saturday 13th August – Sausage Sizzle at Coles Yarrabilba, yes it was wet and miserable (just my luck to be helping out this day) we had a good day, lots of sausages sold along with Bacon & Egg s/w, not too many cold drinks sold???. We had car 1104 “DV” on show I don’t think she liked the wet probably bad memories of last year’s bash run, thank you all who came and wished us well for this year’s bash. (See photos.)
- Friday 19th August – Movie Night at the Logan Village State School with the P&C, a great night lots of students & parents, relatives and friends of the school turned up, a very good attendance. Our chip cooker did not perform as it should, sorry everybody who had to wait on Hot Chips we will have it fixed before the next function. Lots of children wearing costumes for the theme of the movie, they had a great time.
- Saturday 20th August – Sausage Sizzle at Bunnings Bethania very busy day lots of sausages sold and we received some good donations, thank you all who helped out at the last minute due to sickness in the Lions ranks.
Lions Club News
- Work has progressed on our Lions memorial garden project at the front of the Lions site on Wharf St, the project has been delayed with the weather and other problems, thank you Lion Euan for getting it going again one can now see real progress.
- Our new District Governor Ian Bruning published his first newsletter and outlined his plans for the year, let’s hope Covid or anything else does not hinders his plans, more in later issues.
- Preparations are going ahead for the celebration of Lions 75 years in Australia, Lismore the first club in Australia has celebrations planned for the 15th September and other clubs will also be holding celebrations to mark the occasion.
- Planning for the Clubs annual Charity Golf Day at the Logan Village Golf Club on Sunday 20th November is well under way, and we are looking for teams to participate and off course sponsors and any assistance that helps us raise money for charity (MS Qld is our main charity again) if you want more information please contact the clubs golfing legend Lion Tim Moyes on 0478 762 721 who will be more than willing to tell you all. (Please see flyer).
Updates on Projects/Events
Calling Car 1104 – Variety Bush Bash 2022
Our crew and car “DV” are ready for the off, they will be leaving Logan Village early on Thursday 25th August to arrive at Winton for Registration and Scrutineering on Sunday 28th and the start of the bash on Monday 29th August.
The Bash has been affected by delivery and other supply problems from Covid and staffing issues like everybody else these days, but the organisers are confident they have all contingencies planned for and all will be well on the “Day” as the saying goes, we wish them well on this important endeavour.
A big thank you to everybody who has assisted us in the preparation and sponsorship of Car 1104 without you we would not have been able to have the car in the rally and help raise money for the Variety charity, a most worthwhile cause.
The club wishes our crew, Lions – Peter, Leonie, Bob, & Kaye all the best for a safe and fun trip, we do not want to see photos off the bonnet up and Bob leaning into the engine bay before they get to Winton at least and we all pray the weather gods will be kind to the Bush Bash this year.
Anybody who wishes to make any last minute donations can contact our Project Leader Lion Peter Boyd on 0413 737 730 or use the QR code published in last month’s Bulletin.
Bon Voyage and good luck dear Lions!
Weigh To Tow Event
Sunday 11th September at Lions Complex Wharf Street, Logan Village from 8am, cost $200 (special deal) for vehicle and caravan, booking essential: 0428 248 290
This service is to ensure your vehicle and caravan meet all statuary requirements and are safe for you to drive, more and more accidents are happening with ill prepared caravaners that have not had their set ups checked.
Some people do not realise that they are liable to fines for breaking towing laws and that in some cases may even be liable to criminal charges, so please get your set ups checked for your own safety and those of other road users.
Well dear readers that is it for this edition, with the September school holidays coming up please be extra careful on the roads, keep safe and well, those Covid and other bugs are still around and waiting to pounce on us (one bit me last week and I have been crook since) so be aware.
Please keep up those thoughts and prayers for the Lions and people of the Ukraine who are still suffering needlessly from Putin’s Russian invasion.
Yours in Lions
Lion Trevor Nunn (Media Liaison Officer) 0421 908 369
Lions Club of Logan Village Inc.
Club Calendar for September/October:
- Saturday 3rd September – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village
- Saturday 10th September – Sausage Sizzle at Coles Yarrabilba
- Sunday 11th September – Weigh to Tow Event at Lions Complex Logan Village
- Saturday 17th September – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village
- Saturday 24th September – Sausage Sizzle at Coles Yarrabilba
- Saturday 1st October – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village
- Saturday 8th October – Sausage Sizzle at Coles Yarrabilba
- Saturday 22nd October – Sausage Sizzle at Woollies Logan Village
- Saturday 29th October – Sausage Sizzle at Coles Yarrabilba
Lions We Serve