Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required at some Logan City Council facilities from tomorrow (Friday, December 17), in line with new Queensland Health rules.
But many Council venues will remain open to everyone as Logan joins other councils across the state in following Queensland Health’s ‘roadmap to easing restrictions’.
From Friday, December 17, the following facilities will not be impacted by any Queensland Health vaccine mandates, although attendees must use the
Qld app and socially distance:
• Logan City Council libraries, pools and gyms
• Council parks and water play areas (no check-in required)
• Waste transfer stations (no check-in required)
• Customer service centres at Logan Central, Beenleigh and Jimboomba
• The customer counter at the Animal Management Centre at Kingston
• Outdoor Council events that are not ticketed (including markets)
• Council-owned indoor sports centres, youth centres and halls (unless the
centre is being used for a function)
From 5am on Friday, December 17, those 16 years and older will be required to provide proof of double vaccination at:
• Logan Art Gallery and Mayes Cottage
• Beenleigh Events Centre and other function venues
• Indoor entertainment venues including the Logan Entertainment Centre
• Ticketed outdoor entertainment activities including music festivals
• Some KRANK school holiday and Live Well Logan activities (program
providers will inform attendees of vaccination requirements).
Customers at the Logan Recycling Market must check-in from tomorrow but are not required to provide proof of vaccination.
Funerals in Council cemeteries are not subject to any vaccine mandates but must comply with attendee limits managed by funeral directors.
Queensland Health’s COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Logan Entertainment Centre in Logan Central will cease operation at 4.30pm on Sunday, December 19.
For details on other vaccination sites in the City of Logan go to: COVID-19 – Logan City Council
For more information on the latest public health measures, visit the Queensland Health website.