Get Work Ready With Employment Mentoring
Looking for a job can be hard work. If you’ve been impacted by crisis such as domestic violence, homelessness, or financial hardship it can be even harder.
YFS’ Spark Women’s Employment Mentoring Program provides work readiness mentoring and coaching to assist vulnerable women in Logan City and the Beaudesert area improve their job search capacity.
Job Search Tips
Spark Mentor Vanessa offers these tips if you’re looking for work:
• Today most jobs are advertised online so job searchers need a digital profile as well as a resume.
• Identify your unique strengths so your profile stands out when an employer is doing an online search for someone like you.
• Setup key words for your Seek profile so they match up when applying for your preferred job online.
• If you’re having trouble finding a job because you don’t have recent experience, consider upskilling or volunteering to gain knowledge and skills you can add to your resume.
• When you’re volunteering, network with employees and other volunteers and let them know you are looking for work as personal connections can often lead to job offers.
How Can Spark Support Your Job Search?
Spark mentors can help you rebuild your life by supporting you to pursue work or study goals. They can help you gain digital access and skills, attend training, build your profile, write your best resume and job search.
The program also offers skill-building workshops so you can learn directly from experts and network with others who are also looking for work. Don’t let barriers such as not holding the correct cards or licences hold you back – YFS can help you obtain a blue or yellow card, first aid certificate, NDIS clearance or police check. Getting interview or work ready can be expensive. If you need help with clothing or transport speak to YFS as most issues can be resolved.
Vanessa says, “Spark has helped ignite positive change in many women’s lives so the gap between crisis and thriving is shortened.”
Read more about the program on the YFS website or contact the Spark team on 07 3826 1500.